Saturday, July 11, 2009

Growing Pains...Life and Death



This morning my brother, Dada called me and told me my sisters father just passed away.This is the man who taught me a lot growing up and one of the reasons I am the way I am today...it wasn't all good but it was more GOOD than bad..and both sides help create "Miya Bailey" Billy G was his name and he taught me "forgiveness" and how time can heal ALL wounds. Billy had cancer and about 2 weeks ago, he wanted me to come to Asheville to see him before his last day on Earth, so I hit the road and visited him. My mother was also in Asheville at the time visiting him. I walked in his room, and I seen a man in great pain, weak body but strong mind. I was hard seeing the man I once feared, respected, and will always love looking so sick. I'm a man who rarely ever cries and I will never cry in front of another man, so I held it in like a warrior, but I couldn't hold it in so I walked out doors to let it out..I didn't want my mother see me crying...in the middle of this pain, I got a called from Fadia about hosting a party, I called Tuki to see if he was down trying to be strong like nothing was bothering me. But Tuki know me and he in own special way put a smile on my face. Tuki then said "We got to get Samba to stop smoking." I agreed, Lung cancer is noooo joke...I then called my wife to give her an update on Billy. I got myself together and walked back in his room. I seat next to him in bed and gave him a hug. Thinking to myself "this man helped raise me, he is like my father now I'm about to lose him before he can see me reach my goals in life." This is the same pain I felt when I lose my grandmothers. I work hard so my love ones will be proud of me, but it sucks when they don't see you reach your goals...I know he is looking down at me..but I wanted him to feel and see what my hard work was all about...and how the first page of my book started with HIM in 1978..I won't get into the "bad" you will have to read that in my book...but a lot of my habits came from this man...and I watched him change and grow as a man...he helped open a half way house for convicts and drug addicts back home..and he served his community and was a positive role model..he was a HERO in my eyes...and strong to the end..Once me and my crew got in trouble for beating up 3 police officers, 2 of the cops almost died so they tried to give us 10-15 years for almost beating the cops to death, he was the first one there with a lawyer to help me out. I was on the run and he helped sneak me back in town before the police found me (or murdered me) so I could turn myself in to the police...I beat the case because the police started it and it was caught on video tape, but I'm still thankful for him being there for me when I needed him the most....I hope my sister is ok...she was his only child..so I promised him I will always be there for my sister and my mother like he taught me too...thank you Billy G...I love you my brother..and You will always have a place in my heart,mind, and soul....

RIP Billy....always

No comments:

Post a Comment