Monday, July 20, 2009

Surrounded by people and still LONELY.....



Everyday I hear how blessed I am to be living my dreams...and I am very thankful to the people who supported and helped me get here in my life....from tattooing in the projects to opening one of the most popular tattoo shops in the world "City of Ink". With this lifestyle, me and my brothers have inspired many different scenes and movement in Atlanta and all over the country...I'm surrounded by positive and negative people...mostly positive and I'm thankful to have them all in my life...I'm surrounded by people almost 24 hours a day...when I'm not at City of Ink, I'm at home with my wife and son....its not easy not having a chance to be alone in peace to create paintings and drawings...or to just be plain ole "Miya" and not "Miya Bailey the tattoo artist" I have many different sides but I can only reflect 3 of them...Miya the family man, Miya the tattoo artist, and Miya the business man...so what about "MIYA THE ARTIST/PAINTER"?? when can I be that Miya? Or how bout "Miya the lover"? or "Miya the visionary"?..right now I'm just daddy, husband, business man, and tattoo artist....and with all of them I have RULES to follow and people to answer to...A lot of people ask me "Why do you still walk around? We all you know you have money." and my answer is...I don't follow TIME, and I'm never in a rush to be around other people...I WALK because I know people won't follow me around and I can be ALONE to think about my life, art, and other business moves...maybe I'm weird because I know people who tell me they are lonely all the time..but I'm lonely and I'm surrounded by tons of people everyday of my life....its even worse when no one understands your vision but you....I know I drive my wife crazy..I'm an artist, I was just born to do art period...but I have to play a role because other people depend on me...I personally feel only an artist can understand the mind of another artist (gift and curse)....to see every word as a picture in your mind, every thought is crystal clear like a movie, to daydream art, to go to sleep and dream about art...to feed your family using art...I don't know must about sports, I care less about fancy cars, I never learned how to cook, I got a GED, but I do know how to work hard, make money, employees people and open businesses and do art...I'm not the best father or the best husband..I still learning all those things...but I try and sometimes trying isn't good enough when you have tunnel vision and want to express you heart and SOUL using art but your a slave to your career and you can't find peace anywhere including home....I'm human I get lonely even when I'm in a room of people..I get sad as times because I can't PAINT when I'm inspired...I get sad when I want to talk to my wife about comic books, movies and art but she can't relate...people talking to me but I have visions of artwork that I have never had a chance to let out of my mind....I'm in a lonely place...but I'm blessed at the sametime...where is happiness? and how can I make the people happy around me without being distant? My life is an open book...all my mistakes and my dreams are ALL for the love for ART....no matter how much I try to put other things in front of my desires to paint and express my soul...I know art will also make me a lonely man.....will I lose my family for the love of art and peace of mind? Can my love ones ever understand me and this passion I have inside? who knows...all I know is I feel lonely...and distant..and I hope one day people will understand me..and my life wasn't in vain....

No comments:

Post a Comment