Monday, August 9, 2010

Trying for 7000 Followers on Twitter

I have been using social netwerks to promote my dreams, goals, artwork, lifestyle, my flaws, our City of Ink Movement, my staff, tattoos, and myself since 1996...I always thought how could I get my art seen by a person over in Toyko or Paris? I was known in my hometown of Asheville, NC and in Atlanta... And all the small cities in between those 2 cities...I got online and started joining every single Message, forum & discussion board I could find... From BGOL to BBC...I posted my art & tattoos everywhere (phone number included) since I was always too busy tattooing I didn't have time to pass out business cards and flyers...all my friends had their own hustles...in 97 I launched my first website "ProphetArt.com" ... I would wake up early in the morning and read 100's or emails from people all over the world with positive feedback about my art...this magazine FRANK 151 hit me and gave me my first interview as a professional tattoo artist....I still had a lot of self doubt about my work...I was trying to create a whole new method on how to use bright colors on darker skin...even with doubt the people would book me just because I gave interesting interviews...I joined myspace in it's early years before it was well known...and other social netwerks... While people were trying to hookup I knew it was an easy FREE way to visually show my art when others are just typing words or posting personal photos of themselves with cellphones...online marketing is a common sense skill... Give the people some of your soul.. Your life... Make them see your visions and goals... Let them know who you are.... They will support you because you had the heart to share yourself with a stranger....on the other side people love to look at things... Bright colors on chocolate skin is new and anything new will spread like fire... Bringing you more clients, more business, and a bigger voice so you can express yourself to the wide world not just your city... I never wanted to beat "local" artist....my art is for the WORLD....and I'm trying to let everyone see my art.. They don't have to like it or even buy it.. Just look at it and remember my name "Miya Bailey"..... It's a BRAND!


Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment